Canadian Privacy Rights
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is virtually any information about an individual that is recorded in any form. However, information about individuals contained in the following documents is not considered personal information:
Public telephone directories, where the subscriber can refuse to be listed;
Professional and business information contained in directories or business cards available to the public;
Certain public registries and court records;
Certain other publicly available printed and electronic publications.
BSG® Canada has a Privacy Officer who is responsible for BSG® Canada’s privacy policies. Our Privacy Officer will be happy to provide you with information about the Policy, deal with any opt out requests or corrections to your information or deal with any complaints. BSG® Canada’s Privacy Officer can be reached at the following address:
BSG® Canada Privacy Officer
102-2345 Argentia Road
Mississauga, Ontario L9T 8K4
We gather customer information for the following purposes:
- to send you information about or to promote the products and services we offer, and to monitor and maintain any business relationship you may have with BSG® Canada;
- to respond to your inquiries about any relationship we may have with you;
- to understand your needs and to offer products and services to meet those needs;
- to allow our company affiliates to promote services and products to you;
- to provide you with information about products and/or services from unaffiliated third parties that we feel may be of special interest to you;
- to protect you and us against fraud;
- to enable easier check writing privileges for you;
- to assist with billing and the collection of accounts;
- to provide you with misplaced transaction receipts for manufacturer warranty or repair issues;
- to comply with legal requirements
When customers provide us with personal information it will be utilized for the purposes set out in this Policy and by providing us with such information the customer is consenting to such use.
If you opt not to be on BSG® Canada’s mailing list, you will no longer receive mailings or e-mails, including exclusive offers or information on optional new benefits for BSG® Canada customers. In addition, withdrawal of consent with respect to the use of your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy will result in the termination of services by BSG® Canada.
We limit the personal information we collect to that which is necessary to deliver the products and services that we have outlined above.
Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
We use your personal information only for the purposes that we have outlined above and we do not sell your information to any third party. In order to provide the services identified above, BSG® Canada, like many organizations, may utilize third party service providers for some routine services such as promotional mailings. In such cases, BSG® Canada provides only the personal information necessary to ensure the service is delivered and requires that the service provider sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement agreeing to keep the customer’s personal information confidential and secure and limiting its use to the purpose for which it was disclosed. After the service provider has completed the service, the service provider must either destroy the information or return it to BSG® Canada.
All personal information is maintained in a secure location. These records are maintained as long as you are a customer of BSG® Canada and for a period of up to seven (7) years after you cease to be a customer at which point they are purged.
Transmission Outside of Canada
We ask our customers to ensure that all personal information provided to us is accurate. If you have concerns about the accuracy of our records or any corrections or additional information to provide, please contact our Privacy Officer for assistance.
We keep all of your personal information in a secure location. Access to these records is provided only to:
- employees of BSG® Canada or Beauty Systems Group LLC or their affiliates who require this personal information for the purposes as set out above;
- third party service providers who are acting as our agents in providing certain services, such as promotional mailings. These service providers are subject to the safeguards described including the execution of a Non-Disclosure Agreement and the requirement that any personal information provided to them be destroyed upon completion of the service or returned to BSG® Canada and/or Beauty Systems Group LLC;
- to third parties where you have specifically consented to the disclosure of personal information to that party; and
- where required by law.
This policy is available to all customers of BSG® Canada. If you have any additional questions with respect to our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer.
We will be happy to provide you with copies of all the records we have of your customer relationship with us. If you feel that the information in your files is inaccurate at any time, you should bring it to the attention of our Privacy Officer.
Mobile and Texting
You must be 18 years or older to participate in our mobile programs. Message and Data Rates may apply. You may opt out of our mobile programs at any time by sending “STOP” to our short code 54500 . Supported carriers in Canada: Bell Mobility, Fido, MTS, Rogers Wireless, Sasktel,Telus, VideoTron, Virgin Mobile and Wind Mobile. For help or information text “HELP” to our short code 54500, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866.792.1308.