Design Freedom Plus perm gives you creative flexibility. Lotion wrap for thick and resistant hair types or to achieve firm and defined curls. Water wrap for tinted, delicate hair or to achieve soft and open curls. Design Freedom Plus contains a Keratin Building Factor (KBF) pre-treatment that restores and restructures hair prior to the perming process. The low ammonia waving lotion delivers virtually damage-free results. Also, the AHA enriched neutralizer with GFE leverages natural grapefruit acids to lock in curl while providing both shine and manageability.
How To Use
FOR PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY.
READ DIRECTIONS COMPLETELY BEFORE USING THIS PERM.
Do not use on high-lift tinted, highlighted, bleached or double processed hair.
• Always wear rubber gloves.
• Always examine hair to be sure it is in proper condition for perming.
• Always take a preliminary test curl. DO NOT PERM if hair shows signs of damage.
• DO NOT PERM if scalp has sores, abrasions or any other abnormal conditions.
• DO NOT PERM if client has ever had a reaction to a perm or other cosmetic product.
• DO NOT PERM over henna, metallic salts or color restorers.
• Do not brush, rub or vigorously shampoo scalp before perm.
• Do not drip perm lotion on skin or scalp. If contact occurs, blot (do not rub) with cotton soaked with cool water.
• Avoid contact with eyes. If eye contact occurs, flush thoroughly with cool water and consult a doctor. • Replace neck towel or cotton band immediately if it becomes wet with lotion.
• Wait 48 hours after perming to shampoo and/or condition hair.
• Wait one week after perming before applying any hair color.
Gently shampoo hair with clarifying shampoo and towel dry.
2. APPLY PRE-TREATMENT
DO NOT MIX WITH WAVING LOTION. Apply Pre-Treatment. Work through hair. Leave in hair
for 1 minute (up to 5 minutes for more porous or fragile hair). Rinse thoroughly with warm water. Towel blot. Leave hair damp.
Choose wrapping technique: water wrap for softer look, lotion wrap for firm texture, and combination wrap for varying curl patterns and special effects. Block hair into sections. Wrap smoothly with minimal tension.
a. Water Wrap - If hair dries, lightly mist with water.
b. Lotion Wrap - Apply Waving Lotion to one section at a time. If hair becomes dry while wrapping, lightly moisten with Waving Lotion.
c. Combination Wrap - Section off area to be lotion wrapped and secure. Step 1: wrap complete water-wrap section, following directions above. Step 2: wrap complete lotion wrap section, following directions above.
4. APPLY WAVING LOTION
Place cotton around hairline and towel at the nape of neck. Puncture tip of Waving Lotion with T-pin. Apply lotion, saturating each rod thoroughly and evenly. Place plastic cap over all rods and secure. Do not process unde dryer or heat source.
Rinse hair thoroughly for at least 5 minutes with warm water. Towel blot each rod thoroughly.
Shake Neutralizer. Puncture tip with T-pin. Thoroughly saturate each rod. Save 1/2 oz. (15ml) for later use. Wait 5 minutes. Gently remove rods. Work remaining Neutralizer through hair for 1 minute.
Rinse hair thoroughly for 3-5 minutes with warm water. Towel blot. Wait 48 hours before shampooing or conditioning.
Features and Benefits
Design Freedom Plus is ideal for normal and tinted hair (up to 20 volume).