What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual, other than the person's business title or business contact information when used or disclosed for the purpose of business communications. Personal information does not include anonymous or non-personal information (i.e., information that cannot be associated with or tracked back to a specific individual).
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Types of information we collect may include:
- Mailing address
- E-mail address
- Phone (or mobile) number
- Date of birth or age
- Driver’s license number
- Credit/debit card number
- Purchase/return/exchange information
- Social media information (e.g., ID, profile picture, gender, age range, friends’ IDs)
If you choose not to provide information, we may not be able to provide you with requested products, services or information.
You can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself, including your e-mail address. Our web server may collect information related to your visit to our website, including the IP address and domain used to access our website, the type and version of your browser, the website you came from to access our website, the page you entered and exited at, any website page that is viewed by that IP address and what country you are from. We use this information to monitor our website's performance (such as number of visits, average time spent, page views) and for our business purposes such as working to continually upgrade our website. In addition, we collect the personal information that you submit to our website, such as your name, address and any other contact or other information that you choose to provide by:
- using the "contact us" portion of this website;
- applying for a position with Beauty Systems Group (Canada), Inc. through this website; or
- By corresponding with a representative of Beauty Systems Group (Canada), Inc. via e-mail using the hyperlinks created for that purpose.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies. However, on most web browsers you may change this setting to have your web browser either: (1) notify you prior to a website placing a cookie on your hard drive so that you can decide whether or not to accept the cookie; or (2) automatically prevent the placing of a cookie on your hard drive. It should be noted that if cookies are not accepted, you will not be able to access a number of web pages found on the website.
What about Links to other Websites?
Our website may contain links to other websites that may be subject to less stringent privacy standards. We cannot assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of the third parties that operate these websites. Beauty Systems Group (Canada), Inc. is not responsible for how such third parties collect, use or disclose your personal information. You should review the privacy policies of these websites before providing them with personal information.
Why Do We Collect, Use, and Disclose Personal Information?
We collect and use personal information for our business purposes, including to:
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and returns/exchanges,
- Respond to requests for information about our products and services in our stores, on our websites or mobile applications, or to otherwise serve you,
- Connect with you regarding via our customer service desk, or on social media or internet chat platforms,
- Manage subscription services, including order management, billing, improving reorder experiences, communicate with you about your subscription, and offer other products and services that may be of interest to you,
- Fulfill benefits associated with use of our services, such as to award and redeem points through our loyalty programs, etc.,
- Administer sweepstakes and contests,
- Conduct a transaction where we collect information required by law,
- Send you information about or to promote products and services we offer,
- Understand your needs and to offer products and services to meet those needs,
- Allow our company affiliates to promote services and products to you,
- Provide you with information about products and/or services from unaffiliated third parties that we feel may be of special interest to you, and
- Provide you with information about manufacturer warranty and repair issues.
Additionally, we may use person information to enable easier check writing privileges for you, assist in the billing and collection of accounts, and to comply with legal obligations.
Your personal information may be shared with our employees, contractors, consultants, vendors, affiliates and other parties who require such information to assist us with establishing, maintaining and managing our relationship with you. In some instances, such parties may also provide certain information technology and data processing services to us so that we may operate our business. We may share personal information with such parties both in and outside of your home jurisdiction, and as result, your personal information may be collected, used, processed, stored or disclosed in Canada and in the United States of America.
When we share personal information with such parties we typically require that they only use or disclose such personal information in a manner consistent with the use and disclosure provisions of this privacy statement.
In addition, personal information may be disclosed or transferred to another party in the event of a change in ownership of, or a grant of a security interest in, all or a part of Beauty Systems Group (Canada), Inc.
We may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements to do so.
Further, your personal information may be disclosed:
- As permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements. In such a case, we will endeavor to not disclose more personal information than is required under the circumstances;
- To comply with valid legal processes such as search warrants, subpoenas or court orders;
- As part of Beauty Systems Group (Canada), Inc.'s regular reporting activities to other members of the Beauty Systems Group (Canada), Inc. Family (including outside of your home jurisdiction);
- To protect the rights and property of Beauty Systems Group (Canada), Inc.;
- During emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of a person or group of persons;
- Where the personal information is publicly available; or
- With your consent where such consent is required by law.
Your Consent is Important to Us
By interacting with our store, the Site, or our products and services, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as explained in this privacy statement.
How is Your Personal Information Protected?
Beauty Systems Group (Canada), Inc. endeavors to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to prevent your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while this website strives to protect your personal information, we cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once this website receives your transmission, we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
If you opt not to be on BSG Canada’s mailing list, you will no longer receive mailings or e-mails, including exclusive offers or information on optional new benefits for BSG Canada customers. In addition, withdrawal of consent with respect to the use of your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy will result in the termination of services by BSG Canada.
Access, Corrections, Deletion
We ask our customers to ensure that all personal information provided to us is accurate. If you have concerns about the accuracy of our records or any corrections or additional information to provide, please contact our Privacy Officer for assistance.
We will be happy to provide you with copies of all the records we have of your customer relationship with us. If you feel that the information in your files is inaccurate at any time, you should bring it to the attention of our Privacy Officer.
On proper request to BSG Canada' Data Privacy Officer, and after verification of identity, we will delete personal information about you except for personal information that we are required or allowed by law to retain, information necessary for our accounting and sales records, or information we are legally entitled or required to retain for other legitimate business or legal purposes.
Inquiries or Concerns?
BSG Canada has a Privacy Officer who will be happy to provide you with information about the Policy, address any opt out requests or corrections to your information, or respond to any complaints. You may contact our Privacy Officer by phone, email, or physical mail:
BSG Privacy Officer
395A Pendant Drive
Mississauga, ON L5W 2T9
(905) 817-2228 Direct
1-888-241-3330 x 2228 Toll Free
Interpretation of this Privacy Statement
Any interpretation associated with this privacy statement will be made by our Privacy Officer. This privacy statement includes examples but is not intended to be restricted in its application to such examples, therefore where the word 'including' is used, it shall mean 'including without limitation'.
This privacy statement applies to and governs the activities of Beauty Systems Group (Canada), Inc. All references herein to "Beauty Systems Group (Canada), Inc.", “we", "us", "our" and like terms should be interpreted accordingly.
It is Beauty Systems Group (Canada), Inc.'s policy to comply with the privacy legislation within each jurisdiction in which we operate. Sometimes the privacy legislation and / or an individual's right to privacy are different from one jurisdiction to another. Should there be, in a specific case, any inconsistency between this privacy statement and the applicable privacy laws, this privacy statement shall be interpreted, in respect of that case, to give effect to, and comply with, such privacy laws.
Date Last Reviewed: October 20, 2017